Profile picture for Mdizzy

I'm thinking of moving to Judkins area,towards the water. How safe do you feel this neighborhood is?

I'm tiredof living in busy, crowded downtown and would like to live in a neighborhood with a good community. How safe do people feel in Judkins area?
  • April 23 2009 - Judkins Park
  • 0

Profile picture for LookingForAGoodDeal
I recently bought a home near Sam Smith park. I had the same concerns as you about crime given it's a block and a half from Rainier. 

I feel safe and have not had any trouble. In fact I saw more trouble in Capital Hill than I have here.

What convinced me to buy:
- It is a ten minute drive to downtown Seattle AND Bellevue
- The I-90 bike tunnel is next door
- I got more house for the money
- it's one house from a park/green trail
- The neighborhood is friendly and as someone else pointed out, people say hello

Profile picture for Bretzke
I have several friends how live in the Judkins area.   I had a listing there once.  Just after the after the house was listed, habitat for humanity moved some old house in to fix up.  It looked bad for potential buyers, and   my client decided it was better to wait until the work was done.  Habitat did a great job on the houses,  and when I have walked by there, people will say hello, as they water their yards and take care of thier flowers.

Of course you may find areas where they guys are hanging out on the street corner selling something, like yam pie? 

Walk around the part of Judkins in which you would like to live. See if a neighbor says hello, and make sure you say hello as well. 

Seattle has a lot of great neighborhoods and parks.   I am sure you will find the neighbohood that you will love.   I have lived in Seattle for 30 years, and have lived within 5 miles of my first domicile.

Profile picture for iluvmes2
dangerous lots of gang violence - hope you like the sounds of sirens 24/7 also lots of drug activity

Here is an interesting map that allows you to compare all the Seattle neighborhoods:

http://www.seattle.gov/police/crime/