I 'm a Real estate agent and don't want the "Zestimate" of my listing shown. How do I remove it?

• July 29 2011 - Cornish
  • 0

Welcome to Zillow.

Zillow doesn't allow removal of the Zestimate.  You can learn more in their FAQ "Can I remove my House from Zillow?"  which (despite the title) also discusses Zillow's position on not removing the Zestimate.

What are your options?  If the Zestimate is way off due to factual errors or poorly computer selected comps, you can change those.   Over the next few months the Zestimate may recalculate.

As an agent, part of your role is to educate your client about strengths and weaknesses of AVMs, as well as identify in your marketing features that add value to the property.   Your CMA should be solid with very recent solds justifying the price, and in a format that you can share both with your client and potential buyers.

AVMs are on many sites now, so if you chose not to advertise on those sites your marketing effort will be (IMHO) much weaker.   Buyers will still check Zillow and/or other AVM sites.