I AM A RENTER....

Found today in the mail a document to the landlord titled JOINT STIPULATION OF CONSENT TO JUDGEMENT...and mentions an " Instant Foreclosure"....what are my rights as a tenant and what can I do if I am interested  in buying the property?

September 26 2013 - Tampa

If the lease started before the property was in foreclosure, yes, he has the legal right to rent it.   If you don't have a copy of the lease, that is a problem.   Ask for a copy politely, offer to pay charges for copying if necessary.    Simply mention you know that you are responsible for following the terms of the lease and without it in hand you don't want to mess up. 

Many are tempted at this stage to skip paying rent, but the moment that temptation raises it's head, remember you then lose all your rights except for eviction.

The mail comes addressed to the" Ocupant of Uni"t...not to the owner in particular...I dont even have copy of the contract..I guess he knew since the beginning and wrote a contract not providing me a copy...I do have the deposit slips of the money to his account....but is he legally entitled to rent a house in foreclosure?

Your rights as a tenant:   as long as you pay rent as per the stipulations of the lease, your lease prevails to the end of the lease term.  This is a federal law.  If you don't pay rent, you can be evicted as per your state laws.   (Make sure you have canceled checks and receipts to confirm that you've been paying)

If you are interested in buying the property, you will need to contact the lender.  

And, remember that opening the landlord's mail is a no-no.