I HAVE SAME TERMS FROM GREENLIGHT AND ROUNDPOINT. ANY ADVICE WHO I SHOULD GO WITH?

August 16 2013 - US

It really all depends on who you want to make the money from your loan transaction. If you want  big corporations to make the profit, or a more local individual, like a Mortgage Broker, to profit. I sort of favor Main Street over Wall Street, even though Wall Street is nearly impossible to completely remove from any Mortgage transaction. Main Street can be included on the origination portion. It's your business, do it where you want, but know, without doubt, that Roundpoint is not giving you anything a local Broker can't give you. As Norm  artfully points out, your approach can cause you to get what you ask for, i.e. generic high volume crap at the same price as customized professional locally beneficial service.

If you don't want to beat them that's up to you. Also I did shop around as any consumer would do- and no not just from the lenders here. Even smaller lenders and also bigger ones. I think speaking to about atleast 30 mortgage lenders gives me the jist of whats available in the market place. I and I am sure you are also aware of economies of scale- they can advertise because they can take advantage of econonies of scale compared to smaller lenders. I am not saying small lenders are bad but I went to my lender who is small and several others and no one could match what I was quoted and given. I just wanted a good rate which I got, no fees for closing which I also got- what else would I want and a conventional, from a FHA

Plenty of loan officers could beat them. What consumers often don't understand is that some times the loan officer doesn't want to beat them.

Most of us enjoy what we do; and we like to work with people who want to work with us; a win-win all around. 

However, someone comes to me and they have 6, 7, 8 or so estimates from just as many different lenders..one even came to me recently  he had 36 estimates (36 different lenders); at that point I'll probably "high-ball" (as opposed to low ball) the rate just to make you go away. Now because that person thinks he can "beat the house" he loses out on the great pricing and services I could have offered.

People who do that seem to have a high propensity to be disruptive through the process and of course every time the rates move an iota they forget what they agreed to and want to change everything. Its better to make that person someone else's problem right away.

" I am just a customer not a mortgage lender, and no one could beat what roundpoint offered me including all the top lenders."
-------------
I find this comment to be interesting. I assume by "top lenders" you mean ones that choose to participate in Zillow's pay to play Mortgage Marketplace. There are millions of websites, and thousand of mortgage websites, which "top lenders" are you referring to? You certainly didn't interview lenders outside of ZMM because if you did, I'm confident you would have found it rather easy to beat the quotes you see here. An ounce of deductive reasoning would conclude that since it costs money to advertise here, to the tune of thousands of dollars per month in many cases, that cost is passed along to someone, and that someone is you.

I'm not knocking ZMM as a source of mortgage quotes, but maybe you should have/could have looked outside the Zillow bubble and found the same or better from someone who chooses to spend their advertising dollars differently. 

"No one" as used in your sentence refers to anyone inside the small sample you chose to survey and is not truly reflective of the other 99.99% of loan officers quoting rates.

Just sayin'

You will find good and bad loan officers at every company.  It is always about the loan officer your working with not the company they work for.

Be interesting to hear from real folk not mortgage lenders as one mortgage lender tends to bad mouth another. I am just a customer not a mortgage lender, and no one could beat what roundpoint offered me including all the top lenders.

And yes Andrew I did answer myself because I knew nothing about Roundpoint when I posted the question in August. I went with them and now closed so can say the service I received.

Andrew = good call ......both firms are sketchy

Actually I had asked the question and answered myself because forogt I had asked it back in August, but Greenlight couldnt match what I got from Roundpoint. I just closed so did put it an honest reply. Was trying to help someone else. Happy to recommend and give an honest answer. No shannigans as you say just honesty!!

Priceless

Question was asked by and then answered by the same user. 

I wonder how zillow will look at that kind of shenanigans!

Also shocking to note the same user gave roundpoint a great review!

go with rounpoint. when i asked on here i got simiar info- go with someone else. I have just closed with rounpoint and they were fine. EVerything promised was delivered. They can be a little slow in closing but keep you in touch- go with roundpoint, Greenlight said to me they could match but never came up with the goods.

what Barb said !

Neither. Move on to other lenders. Check out the reviews.

Since you asked here on Zillow, you can lookup their reviews here.

nope ....both have interesting reviews you can check by simpley googling them