Profile picture for rockinblu

I Have a Problem With Researching Advice-Discussions. Am I The Only One?

Discussions and replies are sorted oldest to newest. I can only fast forward seven pages the first time, and then after that, only three at a time. To research something a week or two ago, since I have posts dating back to Aug 07 and numbering over 2,600, I would get carpal tunnel before I ever got somewhat current. I have had this happen researching other posters as well, and just gave up.

Why don't you (Zillow) give a fast forward option to the latest one, or a choice of how they are sorted like you do on answers on threads.

• July 01 2010 - Antioch
  • 0

Best Answer

Profile picture for dianetuman
Oh, I see. Well, here's a trick: edit the URL page number:
http://www.zillow.com/profile/rockinblu/Real-Estate-Discussions?p=3

Change the "3" to a "25" or whatever number you need. See if that speeds things up.

Did you try posting phrases from that thread in the search bar just under "zillow.com"? If you type in "rockinblu three walls standing" that could give you the post where you talked about a house with one wall missing.

Profile picture for dianetuman
Yeah, we are WAY backed up in terms of fixes, bugs and it's tough to get the priorities we all want fixed, but I hear you. I will add your notes to the bug.

Profile picture for blue screen exile
By the way, I have to go to page 538 of my discussions to find the most recent, but the counts say I should have 553 pages, thus about 150 of my discussion posts have been deleted...  and that doesn't include the older profile.

Profile picture for blue screen exile
I've been asking for the ability to sort the profile discussions/questions/photos for over a year; it is on the wish list, but they don't seem to get to it very quickly.

You can easily calculate the last page by knowing how many per page (10) and dividing, but make sure you add the initial and responses first.  But then you will find that the last page doesn't exist; this is because Zillow deletes threads and posts, so you just keep reducing the page number until you get to the correct one.

On the profile, you can see all the pages, unlike the directory and the loan search and the house search.

And now the link on the profile page is supposed to take you to the correct page and point on the page in the question or discussion for that post, but it doesn't work in FireFox for some reason, even though it is set up properly to do so.

Profile picture for dianetuman
You're right, Rockinblu. I don't get the logic here. I filed a bug to have this investigated/fixed. Sorry it's not optimal.

Profile picture for rockinblu
Thanks a bunch Diane. That seemed to work. Now I at least know Zillow only lists one-hundred pages. I'm trying to figure out the logic now.

The first link below is page 1 which starts with the oldest (Aug 1, 2007), and that seems to be my very first post on Zillow.

The second link is to page 100 which should be my most current, however it stops at Dec 14, 2007.

It seems as though instead of bumping off the oldest posts, Zillow just doesn't allow any new ones.

http://www.zillow.com/profile/rockinblu/Real-Estate-Discussions?p=1

http://www.zillow.com/profile/rockinblu/Real-Estate-Discussions?p=100

However, under "Advice-Q&A" it seems to be just the opposite.

http://www.zillow.com/profile/rockinblu/Answers?p=1

http://www.zillow.com/profile/rockinblu/Answers?p=100

Profile picture for rockinblu
Diane,

From this page I would like to fast forward to my more recent Advice-Discussions. I would like the option of viewing the newest first, instead of them being sorted oldest first only. 

Profile picture for dianetuman
Wait, rockinblu -- can't you sort newest to oldest? Isn't that what you're trying to see -- the latest answers?