Profile picture for Viper748

I Need a seasoned USDA expert in Jacksonville,florida

I have had a short sale and I wanted to contact an expert on the USDA underwriting.

Mark
  • May 31 2011 - Ponte Vedra
  • 0

USDA's "Administrative Notices" (like updates):
http://www.rurdev.usda.gov/rd-an_list.html
USDA does not have any guidance for short sales as far as I know of. Back when short sales weren't too popular we helped someone buy with USDA after a short sale back in 2007 or 2008, I believe their short sale was about 2 years prior to their application. However even though USDA may not have any guidance, I believe most lenders USDA programs will go off of FHA's requirements when it comes to short sales - and that is if you were late on your mortgage within the 12 months before the short sale, it's the same as a foreclosure.
The answer to your question would rely with the lender who is doing your financing. For us, we'd need your application date to be after the 3 year anniversary of your short sale, for others they may be able to start it prior to the 3 year anniversary, and there may even be lenders willing to do it prior to the 3 year anniversary (Chase is really good with USDA Rural Development). The loan process only takes about 30 days, so depending on how far out after your 3 year anniversary the home is completed, it's possible you could apply after the anniversary and be ready to close at the same time the home is being completed.

Profile picture for Viper748
Hi Shane,

It is Rod and my question is if I wanted to build a house can I start the process
3 months prior(this is what it takes to build in Florida) to  March 2012 and have it closed on my seasoned 3 years of mandatory wait period.

So March 26,2009 was short sale with 2 30 day lates...now 693 credit score/$10k cash reserve/steady employment no problems since that sad day in March2009.
 Where are the underwriting guidelines for seasoning on the web???
Rod

Is it Mark.... or Rod?  What is your question pertaining to USDA underwriting?