Profile picture for theturtle

I am a US citizen working overseas and want to buy my 1st home in Hampton, GA. I'm being told I will

May 13 2011 - Hampton

Are you eligible for a VA loan or just oversees on business or school.  Email me and I can give you all your options.  Thanks

Without having a tad more information it's hard to say. If you own another property overseas, maybe they are counting that as your primary residence? If you are in the US military & already have taken out a VA loan for a property elsewhere, that property is your primary residence. If you sell that property & then purchase another the new property is your primary residence. If you have not purchased a home before, but will not be living in it for a year that's another story.

Who will occupy the property for 1 year? Are you in the armed forces?

Profile picture for theturtle

I am a US citizen and work overseas. I am trying to buy my 1st home in Georgia but am being told that I would have to purchase as a 2nd home. Just trying to find out why this is if i'm a US citizen and will only be overseas for a year.

Your question appears to have been truncated.  Could you expand?   Hit "post reply" and type in the box.