I am a foreigner and want to buy a house in Virginia. Can I get a mortgage with a big down payment?

Hi everyone-

I have been living in U.S. since 2007. I came here as a student and right now I am working with OPT. It expires on 2015 and my company will start my H1-B sponsorship next year. I have been living in a the same rental for a long time and the homeowner decided to sell it to me for $140,000. Right now, I have $100,000 down payment and I only need to loan $40,000. First, can I purchase it as a foreigner? Second, will bank loan me any money? Third, is there any other money loaning options for $40,000? And can you guys please recommend me any agent with international owner home sales? 

• August 13 2013 - Baileys Crossroads
  • 0

Hi there, First I would like to say Congradulations on the decision to buy a home. Next I would be more than happy to assist you in your home buying process. And answer any and all questions you may have so feel free to give me a call and we will surely get you pass this home buying process.