I am a new Real Estate Investor looking for other investors in the WA area, maybe a partnership.

Looking for someone that would like to partner up on Real Estate Investing. a partnership that is going to make both of us money.

June 09 2009 - Roy

Profile picture for Gomes freitas
Real Estate Consultant I am, I live in Brazil and I'm looking for investors in real estate business. I have great opportunities for new development and construction of housing for the Federal Government's plan "My House, My Life. " If there is interest for a great profit, please send me an email, so I can return.
 José Gomes.

Jg-freitas@hotmail.com

I have a good friend who is actively buying & flipping properties between Everett & Tacoma. He's been doing it for quite some time. Click on my profile to get more info. I'm in Seattle.

What type of investments are you interested in and what locations in WA? Did you have in mind the type of partner you wanted?

Nancy-
Search the web for investor groups in your area or conferences being held in the area.  Get in with those groups and see if you can find someone.  With no experience, you will need to bring the money for a group to work or find investors with no experience as well.
You will need to figure out what kind of partnership is going to be formed and the details on the splits.  Will all parties contribute the same amount of capital, share the same amount of profits, who will do any repairs, how will homes be located and decided on, how will homes be sold or rented, what attorney are you going to use, what happens if there is a disagreement (arbitration), how to protect your partnership from divorce (you are Mrs. McKinley so I am assuming you are married, how are your partners going to be protected from a divorce because you live in Washington which is community property), etc.
You should also find a lender (interview several) or a few lenders.  If you are flipping homes, some lenders may not lend to you more than once (as they do not recoup their money if you sell or pay off the loan within a year).  Your lender may also not find you loans if you pay off the mortgage quickly as their commission will be subtracted from their pay (if they are paid that way).  If paying all cash, you should still find a lender as sometimes it is good to have that option so you can move on several homes at one time instead of just one at a time.
You will need a real estate attorney and a tax professional that handles this type of investment (you want both to know the laws regarding this type of investment and the pitfalls that you can run into legally).
Good luck with the investing!  It is very exciting and don't get discouraged. If something doesn't work out well, dust yourself off and try again.
If you send me your criteria, I can set up an automatic search for you that will email you the properties that you are looking for (with no calls and no spam, emails will stop when you request).

Nancy,

Zillow is mostly for professionals that are conducting business as agents, brokers, etc.

I recommend creating an avatar on biggerpockets.com
Here's where you'll find great resources.

Good luck

You might want to talk to agents or mortgage broker in you local area. Many times they will be able to help you find workshops for getting started investing or may know of someone who would be willing to work with you. Both of agents and brokers have a lot of connections in the business and may be able to help, if you don't find a partner in your area here on Zillow.

Good morning sunnyview:

I have no previous experience that is why I'm looking for another investor in this area that I can learn form as well as work with.

Nancy

Hi Arnold,

I'm in the South part of WA, closer to Mt. Ranier. I'm trying to do short sales first then move to foreclosures. Have several possibilities and have been doing my research on then and the area, the market and how each area is growing.

Hi Nancy,

Where are you located in WA? What investment niche are you moving towards? Are you trying to buy these short sales and flip them to buyers?

Thoughts?

Do you have a trade or previous experience to bring to the table? If not, you might do better with a mentorship relationship with someone first so you can get your feet wet.