I am a new real estate broker.Where do I get E&O ins. and lock boxes?

I am just getting back in real estate in Chas. SC. Where do I go to get lock boxes and E&O Insurance at a good price. Do I need to join the Board of Realtors to receive sales contracts, etc..?
  • August 18 2009 - Charleston
  • 0

Hi Nancy,

My name is David Brauner, Senior Broker at OREP.org. I've been serving real estate professionals as an insurance broker and publisher of Working RE Magazine.

We have a very good A+ rated program and we also has a variety of Member benefits for our insureds, including discounts on a host of products and services. 

Our minimum annual premium starts at $369. (taxes and fees not included) 

If you're still looking for a quality program, I encourage you to give us a call at 888-347-5273.  Our application process is quick and easy.

David Brauner—www.orep.org

Charleston Trident Association of Realtors carries lock boxes, signs, brochure boxes... a variety of real estate tools.  They are located near the airport at:
5300 International Blvd # 105C
Charleston, SC 29418-6933
(843) 760-9400

I would start with the State or local association of Realtors for the E&O question.  The MLS will be the one to typically handle the lock boxes.  You can buy sales contracts from a variety of places, but you should use the ones that are specifically produced for your local market by the local Board of Realtors or your MLS. 

Your MLS service should be able to help you with this. I haven't ever gone to the Realtor association for this, but I'm sure they could help too.