I am a vet. I purchased a home in 1997.

I remarried and sold my home in 2002.  Can I qualify for another VA loan?  I think I can as it has been over 3 years.
Also, credit not great as I was layed off over 1.5 years ago and trying to catch up on bills.  Suggestions.  I am now in process of finding myself in need of purchasing new home.  Advise.  In Pasadena, Ca.
  • July 03 2009 - East Central
  • 0

Best Answer

Yes you can re-use your VA eligibility to purchase another home.
Using your VA a second time with cost you more. VA admin fee goes up each time you use it. Hopefully your back to work and getting your credit back on track. You will need your Cert. of Eligibility you can apply for this at www.va.gov  click on benefits then home loans this will take you to the area where you will find VA-FORM 26-1880 fill it out send it in to VA. Any lender you work with will need the original Cert. to complete your VA loan.
Good Luck

Profile picture for Mr Caveat
as long as the original loan wasnt assumed by the buyer or defaulted on, yes... you didnt even need to wait the three years.