I am about to sign a cash offer for selling my house, do I have the right to refuse to sell it befor

I am about to sign a cash offer for selling my house, do I have the right to refuse to sell it before the closing day which is in the middle of October?
I am just not very pleased with the price and still hesitate.

Thank you!
  • August 26 2013 - US
  • 0

Before signing any contract, you need to be certain you are happy with the terms. A Real Estate purchase agreement is a legal and binding contract. Unless the buyer fails to perform, you will need to proceed with the sale. Best of luck to you.

Profile picture for LeavingFlorida

Depends on what your contract says. You should consult an attorney for the best advise. And not just any attorney.. Specifically one that handles real estate contract litagation.

Also if you HAVEN'T signed the agreement and your not happy about the rice you are getting, don't sign it.  Re-negotiate.

User00837998,

If you like, I will gladly help you if you want to share the terms of your sales contract with me. There is no way to truly advise you without seeing the contract but as many have already stated... you are likely stuck with the price if you already signed the contract. If you want to send me the contract, I will review it and let you know if you have any options.

Stacey

In most cases if you sign that offer, you are bound by it and they could possibly sue you if you change your mind, but I am not a attorney and recommend you speak to one, but if you are hesitant and have not signed I would wait. You can't get into trouble for doing that. You just risk losing the deal.

FSBO means "for sale by owner". 

Unless you've identified a specific "out" in the contract and the buyer has agreed, you don't have the right to dump the contract whenever you wish.   (Should you do so, you may be sued for performance and damages.)

Profile picture for goodmortgage
FSBO is For Sale By Owner

A FSBO is 'For Sale By Owner' - meaning you're not using an agent to sell your home.

If you're using a real estate agent to sell your home, you should ask them your questions.

If you're doing a FSBO (and you don't know the answer) it's time to consult with an attorney.

Only by reading the contract that you are signing can someone tell you whether or not you could cancel the contract prior to closing. In most real estate contracts, the seller doesn't have that option.

what means FSBO??

I would say to ask your Realtor that is helping you with the answer, but I feel you may be FSBO so I wish you luck.