I am an agent and the zestimate on one of my listings is too low. Can I get rid of the zestimate?

May 15 2012 - Decatur

Profile picture for Caveat Emptor
The zestimate is not "too low". The zestimate is. You can disagree with it, the market can even disagree with it, but the zestimate is zillow's published opinion on the matter.

Not as a general rule. Zillow says: Does Zillow delete Zestimates? Can I get my Zestimate reviewed if I believe there are errors? We do not delete Zestimates. We monitor customer feedback for systematic issues with the algorithm, but do not change individual Zestimates in response to customer feedback. The Zestimate is designed to be a neutral, unbiased estimate of the fair market value of a home, based on publicly available and user-submitted data. For this purpose, it is important that it be based on identical information about homes (e.g., beds, baths, square footage, lot size, tax assessment, prior sale price) and that the algorithm itself be consistently applied to all homes in a similar manner. This ensures that there is no preference for some homes relative to others nor are there valuations based on facts that are not accessible to all Zillow users. Some homes may be very unique in ways that are not well captured by existing data, and the Zestimate may be less accurate on these homes. For such homes, we encourage the owner to claim the home and post a comment indicating their support for a different valuation.