Profile picture for jhans2020

I am an appraiser and trying to expand my business.

I was wondering if any lenders out there would be willing to share the appraisal management companies they have come in contact with so I can try to sign up with some of the more active companies out there. By the way I recently refinanced and used Zillow to contact the broker. Worked out great. Thanks for the help. Jasen in Eugene Oregon.

September 10 2009 - Eugene

Value IT and Landsafe are the biggest and I think both are a joke.  I feel really bad for the good appraisers out there that are loosing market share because lenders that wanted rock solid appraisals now have to play russian roulette with the consumers loans.  The General public should be outraged by HVCC.  Looks good on paper but in practice it does not achieve it's goal...Simply Drives up the costs and waters down the product...What should have happened is appraisers should of been audited and if the appraisers couldn't back up the work they did they should have lost their license!  That simple....I had a review appraisal done on an appraisal that was not ordered through Landsafe...The appraiser doing the review for landsafe is on Probation...That makes sense they are on probation and can't get business so they are reviewing appraisals done by other appraisers that are likely not on probation...WHAT A MESSED UP SYSTEM!

Andrew Adams gave an excellent answer.

HVCC (aka, "Havoc") and the AMC are a disaster forced upon the Buying and Selling Public.

I don't usually express political views here on Zillow, but for God's sake give your Congressman and your other elected officials Hell regarding this nonsense.

--------------
Best wishes,
  Fred Griffin
-------------

Want to know how ridiculous HVCC is?

3/09 (Pre HVCC) Appraiser I know, trust, is local and have worked with for a long time comes back with $780,000 Value. Bullet proof! WRONG! Deal falls out on a review.

5/2009 new lender, new  HVCC Appraiser, not local, comes in with a value of $635,000. What? I speak with my friend the local appraiser that did the first one and he helps me write the rebuttal and submit "CORRECT" comps. No go! File declined

7/2009 new lender, new HVCC appraiser, not local. Value comes in at $600,000. Again ... what? Comps support this property appraising higher, it's in an area of SoCal that is niche. Rebuttal submitted, file denied

8/09 new lender, new LOCAL HVCC appraiser. Value comes in at $730,000, Tada! Deal now works, conditioned for "advanced desk review" which was done and cleared today. 

Moral of the story ... HVCC is stupid, the appraisals are a joke and you would have a better chance  at arriving at value by throwing a dart at a dart board than going through the HVCC process.

The End / My $.02

Can I close my loan without 2012 transcripts?
Profile picture for Joe Cafiero
Latest reply by Joe Cafiero
April 24 2013 | 7 answers
  • Posted by MaryRichardson9
  • In Mortgage
  • Posted by jhans2020
  • In Mortgage

1. 2531 Sharon Way, Eugene, OR Home For Sale
    2531 Sharon Way, Eugene, OR 97401

2. 2190 Ironwood St, Eugene, OR Home For Sale
    2190 Ironwood St, Eugene, OR 97401

3. 1560 Linda Ave, Eugene, OR Home For Sale
    1560 Linda Ave, Eugene, OR 97401