Profile picture for parussell2

I am awaiting a call and never received a return call. "Can I have a MLS number, I pd $625 for it.

.
  • January 30 2012 - Brighton

Hi Parussell2

Before you spend your money. Call  and talk to this company Owners.com and verify they are a member of the local MLS. Check with Michigan State board.  Even if they are a member of a MLS is it your local MLS. The money you pay is to put on the MLS. However, the MLS is a co-operating service between Brokers( all real estate companies in the area) in that local market.  You will need to offer a co-operating commission on top of what you paid.. How much is that?. Normally 3% of sale price. Though you think you are saving money. Over the long run of listing with a local real estate agent can expose your home to more website and work to get you top dollar for your home. Who will negoiate your offer, where can you get current comps to show buyers the value of your home, who will verify buyer is pre qualitied for a loan., who arranges for title search, home inspection, who pays the sale tax and many other issues you need to know to sell a home.

Real estate companies do not ask for money up front to list your home. In most most  case sellers end up calling a local agent. I wish you luck. But the best advise I can give you is call a full time professional real estate agent.

Zillow does not sell MLS numbers as far as I know. From the look of your listing, it looks like you may have used this company here.

I would call them directly and they should be able to help you get this listing paid for and get an MLS number if you selected that service.