Profile picture for jbird27

I am buying a house in Texas that my daughter lives in. Her credit id not good enough to buy the ho

• February 10 2013 - Wichita Falls
  • 0

Every lender I know will call this an investment property given what I have learned in your posts.

Calling it a 2nd home to get a better down payment? I don't know about that

Profile picture for jbird27
Thank you to everyone who responded!  JR

You may be able to purchase the property as a 2nd. home with as little as 5% down.  You can usually have the Seller to pay up to 5-6% of the purchase price for closing costs.  If there are repairs needed then usually you just receive a discounted price on the property.  You can sometimes have the Seller take care of the repairs, it's all what you can negotiate.  If I can help you further please contact me through my profile.  I hope that helps.

What is her credit score ? What type of repairs are needed and what will they cost? 

Profile picture for jbird27

I am buying a house in Texas that my daughter lives in. Her credit is not good enough to buy the house by herself.  Since the mortgage company says it is an investment property, I have to put down 20%. is there any way for the seller to give me a down payment assist, or an allowance for the work that needs to be done?

Looks like part of your post was cut off.
Can you reply with the rest of your questions?