Profile picture for qiqiu82

I am chinese and want to buy house

As a foreigner, how can i purchase the real estate in US? Where can i get the details of trade process? Thx
  • September 16 2011 - Santa Monica
  • 1

Depending on where you are located you should not have a problem purchasing a property.  There are some creative ways of doing the purchase though, and may be in your interest to hold title in a way other than your personal name.  Let me know if you are looking to invest into California.

Hi

My name is Handy Su.
I am a Chinese and  real state agent for 15 years.
As a foreigner, you are legally to buy any house anywehre in California.

Handy Su / All California Brokerage Inc.
[hotlink removed by Zillow moderator]

Angie & Mike ...

You are so correct.  I've had the honor of speaking at my local FIABCI meetings on the FIRPTA rules.  FIABCI is an international organization of agents and others, and just might be a good resource when you look.

I am in total agreement with Cris Anderson.

Depending on what area of the USA you want to purchase, you really need to contact a REALTOR with experience in working with foreign investors.

Someone that can offer assistance not only in the purchase, but accounting, insurance and other aspects of the transaction.

Best regards

G'morning.... Virtually anyone can own US property.  If you are using cash, it's much more simple than if you need financing.  If you are looking for financing, I would suggest an international bank such as HSBC (Phuong C. Au is a friend 206-427-4273).  The larger issue comes into play when you decide to sell the property.

As a foreign owner, our Code classifies you as a "non-resident alien" and regulates your sale under our law, FIRPTA (click to read more).  In a nutshell, a holdback is required - but there are exemptions when selling a principal residence or doing a 1031 tax-deferred exchange.

I hope this information proves useful for you, and best of luck. 

[self promotion and contact information deleted by Zillow moderator.]

I assume you're looking for investment property and not a second home... If that's the case, then determine what your investment goals are.

It is rare to find financing to purchase as a foreign national, however, there are a few options there for you in some of our markets.

We have clients from many countries around the world.  If you would like some guidance on the various US markets, then feel free to contact us anytime (email or phone).

Sincerely,

Marco Santarelli
.

Hey to you two, how does pathetically begging "please call me, please call me..." work as a marketing strategy?

Ni hao qiqui: speak to a couple of agents in the part of the country you want to buy, and go with the one you feel most comfortable with.

zhu ni hao yun

Hello. At Coldwell Banker, we work with foreign investors all the time. If you would like my help, please give me a call or contact me by email. Thanks and good luck!

There is no problem with you buying a home in the United States. Contact a Realtor where you are interested in purchasing a home and request they send you listings that match what you are looking for. You will probably have to establish a relationship with a local bank or lender ... your realtor should be able to assist with that.

Profile picture for Bryan Leynes
I previously worked with an agent that had numerous Chinese clients. Call me and we can discuss details.