I am considering drip irrigation for the flower beds and for the foundation. Does this add to resale

Does this add value to a potential buyer.  Should it add to the resale price of the house.
  • August 12 2013 - Plano
  • 0

It will definitely add to the desirability however most appraisers wouldn't add a penny to the report for an upgrade as such. I've never personally seen an appraiser even add value for French drains, beds, etc. However, if you have a great deal of work done to your landscaping as a whole you I would recommend savng the receipts during appraisal this might help you greatly depending on the amount of work, etc. I believe the most I've seen added on an appraisal for landscaping is $4,000. If you have any other questions feel free to ask away. Thank  you.

It sounds like a great addition, but typically will not add to the sales price. Most likely will just be a bonus feature to the buyer.