Profile picture for childofgod234

I am desperate my home had been on the market for 6 weeks I lowered the price by 15000 we had a open

We lowered the price by 15000 we had a open house but no one showed up. . We have not had any showings and its been 6 weeks. We did lots of updates but still no bites. I.am so frustrated and running out of options please I need advice. Here is the address 613 beery blvd union oh 45322
  • September 28 2013 - Union
  • 0

I looked up your home for sale and the pictures are to dark.  Also the front of your home picture needs to be the best you can have, it doesn't show well in my opinion.  Your rooms look dark, small and gloomy.  Curtains need to be open and as light filled as possible to attract a buyer.  Also since over 90% of buyers search on the internet, its important your agent has your home on as many internet sites as possible. 
I would fix your picture situation first thing.  Great pictures, priced right and exposed on the internet as much as possible. 

Maybe they got an offer on their house and took their finger off the panic button.

Perhaps the poster isn't really that desperate as she or he hasn't stopped back to discuss the comments.  

well, it would be nice if the Poster filled us in.........on the details of the "listing"

Debra:

Did you look at those photos?  They are far from complimentary nor do they represent the home properly.  I'm aghast that agents put up something so inferior. 

So.......User7420230...........you have gotten some good feedback here - It would be interesting if you responded.

Hard to imagine a listing agent posting such poor photos..........did you get a written marketing plan before listing?
Are you even currently listed in the "traditional" manner, or is this a flat fee arrangement?
Who provided the photos?

Just curious.

I too looked it up.  Not for sale on either Zillow or Trulia.  I did find it on Realtor.com with 17 photos.  When the photo of the bedroom only shows the bed the first observation is - Boy that room is small.

The lighting is awful.  The photos are distorted by sun light streaming in the windows. Most of the rooms focus on the furniture and not the full size of the room.  I'd be asking for better photos or pay a pro to do them.

If the listed price is now correct on Realtor.com then a 15K reduction was huge.  What was the basis on making such a large reduction?  Is your home now in line with comparable properties?

I agree with Wetdawgs - I'd be having a serious talk with your Realtor about exposure on the internet.

Profile picture for Outer Banks N C
Usually when no one shows up there is something turning them off to not want to come see it. Your pictures in the house are not good, they are dark and do not show well. Have a person with a real camera take some pictures and tell them to use "fill flash" not a cell phone for the pictures. This brightens up a picture and gets rid of the natural light as yours are using. Another reason they don't show up is price. Are you way over priced? Ask your agent to do a broker open where agents come to see your house and have coffee and snacks. Open houses are more for the agent finding new buyers than selling your home. getting agents to see it will get agents comments and get them to bring buyers by. Do you make it difficult to show the house? In other words do you have a lockbox or must you be there when it's shown? Making it difficult for an agent to show it will make agents avoid it.

good luck

tim

If you are listed with an agent, check the comparables that have sold in your neighborhood. Make sure that the numbers you are working with are sales withing the last 6 months. If you are trying to sell your home FSBO, your exposure will be very limited. Your best bet is to hook up with a knowledgeable agent in your area. This will ensure that your home is an option for buyer's agents to show. As Realtors, we don't really go out of our way to work with FSBOs. A lot of times, the seller is inexperienced and this means we have to do twice the amount of work for half the price. So my advice to you is to check your price. Make sure that you are listed with a knowledgeable and reputable agent. Get your property listed on the MLS, Realtor.com, Zillow, Trulia, and any other local website that they advertise on. Most people begin there search online, if your photos are fuzzy, discolored, or just flat out bad, people will pass up your home. Hope this helps.

Let's investigate for a moment:

Your home does not show for sale on Zillow, and has not been for sale on Zillow.   The "not for sale" entry shows one fuzzy photo of the front of the home with a date of 2007.

Realtor.com (owned by NAR) shows it for sale.   Why are so many exterior pictures with a 2007 date?  That would worry me as a buyer and piss me off if I were the seller.

An agent's website shows it for sale.  Once again, a whole bunch of exterior photos with the date of 2007.   Lazy agent!!!

Trulia.com - not listed for sale.

A whole bunch of non-MLS  websites - not listed for sale.

So, that begs the question - how is your agent advertising?  Is your agent advertising?    Keeping the ads in the tiny exposure of the MLS only?   If this was my home, I'd be on the agent's back demanding internet exposure.  Perhaps it is just me, but I feel your agent is not doing his/her job properly.

It is time for a heart to heart with your agent.  You might wish to inquire if the open house was advertised as well as your home is... oh, perhaps that is too cynical and impolite.

You say you have been "on the market for 6 weeks" - does that mean  you are listed with a Realtor.....and on the MLS?

Or........does being "on the market" mean (to you)  that you are trying to sell as a fsbo, with  a sign in the ground and maybe a few ads on fsbo sites?

If you are listed with an agent - what does he or she have to say about the lack of response to your home?

When you say you reduced it $15,000 - how did you arrive at your original list price in the first place? Did you carefully look at all the local comparable sales?

Sounds like you're not getting enough exposure and/or your price still isn't where it needs to be.

Obviously, no one can tell you exactly why you're not getting any results - we don't know specifics about your home or price range..........might be a good idea to ask a local agent if you're not currently working with anyone.

Best wishes......