Profile picture for cheryl1234

I am disputing the value of my home

I wonder how I would go about disputing the value the Assessor's Office has established for my home and how the property taxes are figured. The house was built in the 40's and has had nearly no upgrades. I have seen newer, similar priced homes in the area that have beautiful upgrades. It would seem that a home with no upgrades, and a old fashioned kitchen and inexpensive (old style) wood cabinets and fixtures, plus it has old fuses and problem plumbing. Thank you.

Profile picture for martinmarshall
I totally agree with sarah,

this is not the right place to dispute the value of your home, if you want to do this you should go through My Peninsula Home Search

cheryl1234, I am not sure that this is the right place to ask a question about property taxes on your home. I would advise you to contact the county assessor's office directly and explain that you want to disput the property tax on your home do to the poor condition of your home and the past down turn in the market. Good Luck.