Profile picture for Jim Rynearson

I am fsbo'ing my house, but somehow Zillow says I will cooperate with agents. How do I change it?

• July 05 2012 - Bainbridge Island
  • 0

Yes, unfortunately this won't be fixed until the evening of 8/15.
In the mean time please note this is the property description.

Profile picture for Jim Rynearson
Thanks.

Profile picture for Neil R
  • Neil RZillow
Hi Jim -

Our apologies for the inconvenience. We are currently having this investigated and will update this thread once a fix is available.

Thank you for your patience.

Neil

Profile picture for 3111creekwood
Jim, I have the same question and I have searched all areas and am unable to edit that piece as well.  What is the deal with this site????

Profile picture for Jim Rynearson
thanks very much...  I looked everywhere for it!

Profile picture for Cindy Quinton

I think it is buried under your contact information, or at least was when I was selling some land a year ago.But I think it would be nice to have a little Zillow help on this one, so I will flag it.

Profile picture for Jim Rynearson
Thanks, Dunes & Pasadenan.  Realtors: 

Please stop with the advice.  Stat's or no stat's, I have a plan and I know what I'm doing.  Thank you.

Profile picture for blank screen EXILED
I believe it is under "edit contact info" after selecting "edit listing" either from your profile under "listings" or from the home details page.

(On the home details page, the edit button was moved to above the photo instead of below).

The "edit contact info" and the "add photos" is no longer working for me with the recent change in the home details page.  I don't know if it was recently broken with the page layout change, or if it is just temporarily not working, or if it is unique to my property.

Profile picture for Dunes ..
Maybe Jim doesn't want to deal with Agents because many of them never answer the actual simple question asked....instead they tell you how important their answers to questions are so you need to......

Hopefully someone will..answer the actual question, help Jim

And Jim ...you do have a place in a Beautiful part of the Island
Bainbridge is a special place

Dunes
Graduate of Bainbridge High
The Sand Spit..Sunset Drive..Fort Ward..Eagle Bay..Arrow Point

I'm not sure there's a toggle for that (perhaps from your profile, but not from mine). Regardless, it's so far down the page and hidden that you may benefit from having this info stated in your marketing remarks for buyers to understand - as it is out of the ordinary (even for FSBO's). If buyers get the discount for not using an agent, then great...bonus for them. But I know that if I were a buyer - I'd want to know that info up front so that I could budget for it and plan with my loan officer, financial planner, etc. for a smooth transaction.

Best of Luck!
Ryan Halset | Real Estate Broker
Boardwalk Real Estate | Seattle, Wa

All sales have two sides, one is  the listig agent or and the owner and the other side is  the  buyer and buyer's agent. In the big majority of cases, buyers have an agency contract. So it doesn't matter which property they buy, they   are going to have to pay the commission  if the listing  side doesn't pay it.

In this market buyers are not used and do not expect to pay the buyers agent commission  So if you are not planning to pay the buyers commission,  no one is going to even consider your home.

Appraisals include this cost in one way or another.Best of luck

Profile picture for Jim Rynearson
Thanks for the marketing advice.  I know I need to edit the listing -- the question is where do I make the edit?  I'm having trouble finding the appropriate check box or toggle. 

You just need to edit the listing to state otherwise.
Taking off that statement will let real estate brokers know that you will not be paying them a commission if they bring a buyer. You should note this in the remarks as well so that buyers understand that if they are working with a buyer-agent, they will be responsible for paying their agent's commission at closing.

From a strategic standpoint - since the vast majority of buyers prefer to work with an agent (and it is customary for the seller to pay the commission), you may want to consider building a buyers-agent commission (typically 3%) into your sales price instead of saying you aren't willing to cooperate with an agent. This may increase your odds of finding a willing buyer...and if they come without an agent - hey you just made an extra 3%.

Best of Luck!
Ryan Halset | Real Estate Broker
Boardwalk Real Estate | Seattle, Wa

Are you saying that if a buyer with an agent wants to buy your home that you won't pay the buyers agent a commission? Because 'will work with agents' refers to the buyers agent receiving a commission.