I am in the process of selling my house. I valued it at $245,000. Once I updated the Zillow calcul

My home was built in 1929,  1200 sq ft up and 1200 in the basement.  Realtors said I could only be $229 for it but I listed it for $245, because of Zillows calculations at that time.  However, the sq ft did not include the basement. 

October 01 2013 - Draper

Profile picture for Shin008
Why not try posting it as a Make Me Move so you will know if potential buyers are willing to purchase your home with the price you really like to set.

I would not rely on the Zillow calculations. They are algorythims. I would contact an agent in your local market. Primarily someone recommended by people you trust. I would take their advice. I would get 3 market analysis from 3 different agents. See where the middle ground is and go from there. They are the market experts.

Your asking price is at about $100 a sq ft and that is very reasonable for draper depending on the condition. If you want a second opinion then please call or email me. Justin Critchfield Century 21 Everest [deleted by Zillow moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy for posting guidelines]

thank you

The FAQ "What is a Zestimate?" is useful reading.   A Zestimate is a starting point for rough comparisons of homes, but should not be used to establish a market price.  The agents are likely to be closer to the true market value.

The square footage of homes on Zillow is the above grade finished heated/cooled living area.  Basements are mentioned separately and should not be added to the above grade finished area (even if the basement is finished).

1. 15114 S Eagle Chase Dr, Draper, UT Home For Sale
    15114 S Eagle Chase Dr, Draper, UT 84020

2. 1502 E 12375 S, Draper, UT Home For Sale
    1502 E 12375 S, Draper, UT 84020

3. 1827 E Crimson Oak Dr, Draper, UT Home For Sale
    1827 E Crimson Oak Dr, Draper, UT 84020