Profile picture for rasheeda1

I am interested in a house that is not on the market. Can I contact the owners about selling?

• July 08 2010 - Overbrook
  • 0

If you feel comfortable about it, I suggest you write them a letter, it is less intrusive, they can throw it in the garbage if they do not want to answer it.  Or else....you can contact a buyer agent and ask her to approach them.

Profile picture for ABBAUSA
Go for it, but I used to try this for people I was designing houses for.
9 time out of 10 no go. They did not want their homes copied, but i was young then.

I would contact a Realtor© to represent you unless you have good experience in residential real estate sales.

James Callas - Realtor®

Yes! The more personal you can make it - the better. If you're nervous about asking, you can always have your Realtor door-knock or call for you.

Profile picture for Ana Martinez
You certainly can. You can either look up their number, mail them a letter, or drop by and see if you can talk to them.

As long as they just didn't move in. I think most home owners might be interested in listening to a potential buyer.

Sure you can contact anyone you want. They may or may not want to talk. I would recommend coming out and asking the owner if they are interested in selling. Most people are fine with that question. Then you can go from there. An agent can do this for you but normally that is not needed at this point. Remember that in PA only property written offers and acceptances are enforceable in our courts. If in doubt get a lawyer.