I am interested in preforclosures/homes for sale by owner in the Edgewood park area.

I am interested in preforclosures or homes for sale by owner in the Edgewood park area listed on your web site. How do I go about contacting someone about these properties? I have an agent but he has no information on these properties. I'm at a loss?????

June 28 2013 - Edgewood

Since a home owner gets nothing from a short sale, meaning they walk away with nothing at all, it would not make much sense for an owner to attempt a short sale on his own. The reason owners sell their property themselves is to save a commission. Since the owner is not going to make anything at all they are not saving anything and so a FSBO short sale would be unusual at best. So I doubt you will find many if any.

As Robert said, the property will soon be foreclosed and taken over by the lender and then listed for sale as a bank owned property where you can make an offer for it.

tim

With a pre-foreclosure the home owner would have to put the home on the market and sell it as a short sale.  Many of these properties the home owner has left and is no where to be found and others when you can find the home owner they have given up and just going to let the bank take to house.  Once this occurs you can buy it from the bank.