Profile picture for yj1126

I am international student which means I am F1 visa student. I want to buy a house. Is it possible?

is it possible to loan for the house?
Well, My parents will sponse for me, and support me a little bit.
is it possible?
  • February 13 2010 - Wayne

Best Answer

Profile picture for Peter J Rogers
If you can find a US resident to co sign for you and you can show a 3 yr record of rent payments then you might be well on the way to getting your dream. I would suggest that you get in touch with a reputable mortgage agent.
If you need my company has very good in house mortgage experts who would be happy to help you. Just let me know and I will put one of them in touch with you

Profile picture for blue screen exile
There are some U.S. tax issues; but the IRS phone lines are clogged right now.  (800)tax-1040

You can look up the tax ramifications on irs.gov
  • March 06

Profile picture for garfieldmiller2
My question is what if student with F1 visa has cash to purchase a house. Are there legal issues that they will have to address before the process??
  • March 06

Profile picture for yj1126
Thank you thank you. Your all infomation is really helpful.
Then, if I am going to buy a house on my name and my parents will co-sign or do something ( ex. Prove they have money)and one other person who lives here also do co-sign for me then. Is it possible?
He has a really excellent credit score. Then If one person do co-sign for me then, I don't need to down pay a lot?
And Now I live in town house for three years, I pay the rent about $3500
a month. So..Maybe I can show them, I didn't have any problems? So.. I can prove that I can pay the morgage well. Is it not going to help at all?

It is really hard to buy a house. Thank you a lot!!!

Profile picture for Peter J Rogers
Hate to be a 'wet blanket' but  there is little chance that you could succeed in your plan. you would not have a sufficient credit score to support a mortgage yourself and if your parents do not live in this country then you  would not be able to get a mortgage in their name nor would you be able to have them co sign with you
Sorry to say

Profile picture for yj1126
Thank you so much for anwering the question.
I am planing to buy the house with my parents name( They are in my homeland), and down pay 30% or 40% or more than that. Before I heard something like the international people need to downpay more than 40%. is that true?
Well, I have social number and some credit score. I've never checked my credit score, so I dont know it is good or not.
I am working of course but the problem is I can't really say i am working.

I really want to buy a house. a yaya~~!!

Profile picture for Peter J Rogers
There is no legal reason why you should not buy a house but the problem is how you are going to pay for it. Unless you or your family has a credit record in this country you are not going to get a mortgage. If you or your family can raise the money in your homeland that would be the way to go.