I am living in a house that is in the process of a short sale( I am not the owner, just a renter).

I am interested in seeing if I can purchase it. Who do I contact first? This would be a first time for me and I don't know where to start.
  • March 12 2013 - Seattle
  • 0

Profile picture for BradNiemann
If the house has been approved for a short sale and a negotiator has been assigned the owner of the house will have that information.  You need to call a Realtor and get them in touch with this person.  They probably will not talk with you.  

Profile picture for JoshBarnettREIB
Check the county Records for the note holder and contact them for a purchase of the note, then continue the foreclosure and BAM you have the home. 

Best of Luck

Lots more information needed.  Is it currently listed?  If not, who told you it was a short sale?   Brad's right, a Realtor will be able to help you start down the path.  It's usually a long one with a few bumps along the way but totally worth it if you can perservere and come out on the other end as an oficial homeowner!  Find a Realtor you can trust and you feel comfortable working with because it can take months to get through the process.  Best of luck!!!

Profile picture for nwhome.us
Some short sales are a very good opportunity to buy.

I'll follow the other people who recommend that you contact a Realtor to guide you through the process.  You can look at the profiles of those who have responded and perhaps start there.

You need a seasoned Realtor skilled in negotiating short sales.  Feel free to contact me directly and I'll connect you with someone that knows what they are doing.  Thanks, David Clegg