Profile picture for graciabu

I am looking for a family home in VA. What city is known to be great for families? has good schools

I live in Montgomery County MD and I heard that VA has very good schools and very good prices for homes. what advice can you give me, I am looking for a house between $300,000-350,000

I also would like to have a basement in that house

January 15 - Reston

Where exactly are you looking to relocate ? Northern VA ? Or closer to the Richmond Va area ? That decision will not only impact which school district would be best fit, as well as median home prices. I can tell you, around the Richmond Va area, there are GREAT schools in Henrico County and the home price you had requested, would fit you nicely in a comfortable home in a nice neighborhood. In "general", the further south you move, the more home for the money you'll get. Here is a link for some school information ....http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/va/schools/

Please contact me if you'd like to give me all of your preferences and I can send you a list of homes available that will fit your needs, with more information on the school attended in the area.

Kelly Smith
kelly0870@gmail.com

February 09
What the other contributors wrote is very good advice but the main factor will be the cost of the home.  With a budget of 300-350,000 you'd most likely find larger condominiums and efficiently sized townhouses in the districts with the best schooling.  Homes in these districts will be sparse at 300-350,000. 

I hope this helps!

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Jee Lee

February 01
[self promotion deleted by Zillow moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy for posting guidelines]

January 29
A quick search will reveal that Fairfax and Loudoun Counties have impeccable reputations as far as their public school systems go.  In that price range, there are areas in either County where you could find what you are looking for.  You will also probably find that Arlington County also has good schools, but since it is so much closer in, the price points are probably too high for what you want.  

My team has collectively has over 75 years of experience representing buyers in these areas.  Feel free to contact us if you want us to help you tailor down your search!

Jennifer Young

January 29
Thank you for your recent inquiry.  I am sure by now some realtors may have already responded.  As far as 'good' schools we as realtors really cannot give our opinions on that. I recommend you visit the county's website for more information.  On the other hand finding property in that price range I would recommend Prince William County.  It is sort of in the middle, not too far in, not too far out.  If you have not selected a realtor to represent you, please contact me and I am will to assist you.  I am also retired Army and have been in Northern VA since my retirement from the Army in 2002.  Hope to hear from you!

January 15
Both Fairfax and Loudoun Counties have an excellent public school system. Most houses come with basements, and your choice of cities would be determined by your price point. If you like, I can set up a search for you within your price range. Cheers, Gurpriya Gill with Keller Williams Realty

January 15
Arlington, Fairfax, Prince William, Faquier are all great counties. Prince William or Western Fairfax Counties are probably best based on your purchase amount range.

Let me know if you wish any help lining up your mortgage. Should you wish a Realtor referral, I would be happy to help you with a great agent!

Best wishes, Jim

January 15