Profile picture for smalt4

I am looking for a home equity loan on a vacation home with no mortgage. it's in a trust i'm the tru

I am the trustee of a real estate trust that has a summer home with no mortgage.  The assessed value is 289,000.  I would like to take 75K out.  My credit is high risk.
  • August 19 2009 - York
  • 0

Depending on how high risk your credit is, you may be able to get a loan. Assuming the appraisal comes in at the assessed value of $289k, you would only have a loan to value ratio of 25%. I would go in to some of the smaller local banks such as Kennebunk Savings, SIS and York County Federal Credit Union.

If traditional banks aren't willing to lend to you then you can try a hard money lender. They will charge you a higher interest rate but you will get the loan you need.

Your best bet would be try a Lender near your summer home.  If your credit is high risk though I doubt you will have much luck.