I am looking for a home in SW FL Cape Coral, Bonita Springs?

I see a ton of pool homes etc in Cape Coral for sale cheap, was it just overvalued before or a bad area to live in? 
We like Bonita Springs too but properties seem  higher priced there. Is it the proximity to the beach or something else driving the cape values down?
In Bonita (and perhaps Cape)There are tons of gated communities and impossible to drive through them to check them out in person since they are gated.
Why are so many of them gated? Crime or just added security?
Thanks in advance for any tips provided.  

February 19 2012 - Cape Coral

Location is everything when considering to purchase a home in SW Florida. From an investment point of view,  Supply and Demand is what drives prices. You may pay more for a property in a highly desired location, but also remember when the supply is depleted, your properties value will sky rocket... As you know, you pay more for the location. Cape Coral & Bonita Springs are both great areas and b-t-w SWFL is full of Gated communities. We have well over 120 in between Lee & Collier county. Most have HOA's and feature various ammenities. Golfing, boating, retirement, family oriented,etc. It is added securtiy but more so a choice in Lifestyle. Obviously, price is an issue for everyone; nevertheless, I would rather live in a great location and compromise on home features than live in an area I am not thrilled about. Remember, a pool can always be added to the right property at a later date. A pre-existing pool home may not have the exact size or shape of pool that you desire.

Native to South West Florida,

Robert Tyler
Southern Premier Realty

www.FLeasyLiving.com

I recommend getting with a Realtor from that region to assist you. They are the specialist there and know where to find the best deals. They can also answer your questions regarding the areas you like best. Try getting with a Realtor by checking out the pros tab above. Thanks and Good Luck!!

I agree with Deb Cullen, if you want a waterfront, gulf-access home and get the most value for your money, the Cape Coral area is the place for you.  With over 400 miles of canals winding throughout the area it offers newer homes and some wide open spaces. A few of the water activities we have going on here are fishing, shelling, boating, beach combing, and swimming,  Like to golf? Fairways are plentiful and many are pay to play.  There is surely something for everybody.  Be sure to visit Matlacha and Pine Island while you are here for some Island Time with old Florida appeal.  Call me if you have any questions, I'll be glad to help you find your place under incredible blue skies and sunshine.

I have no idea about Bonita Springs but I do know you can get a 3/2 with a pool in move in condition for $115K in Cape Coral. Do you see any listings like that in Bonita Springs? 

February 20 2012

I agree with Anthony's post...Cape Coral is a wonderful place to live, play and work. 

Just like Anthony said.....Cape Coral does have a small beach located in the Yacht Club area.  But most important....Cape Coral has over 400 miles of waterfront canals...it is a boating community…so most people park their boat in their backyard and from there visit some of the most private and pristine beaches you will ever see.  Cayo Costa and Boca Grande just to name a few are a pleasant boat ride from the NW Cape area. 
In my opinion....you can get a bigger bang for your buck in Cape Coral than Bonita for a couple of reasons.  One, Bonita is closer to the big public beaches.  Two, Bonita is closer to Naples and Naples has higher real estate market values.  But most important Cape Coral is a newer City--only been incorporated since the 1970's....so for the past 40 years the number one industries in Cape Coral has been building. It is still the same property…still fabulous boating access to the Gulf of Mexico…just got caught being in the wrong place at the wrong time during this economic downturn.

Basically it depends on what you like.  Cape Coral is a Big City with a HOMETOWN feel.  If you want to chat with people in the grocery store…you found the right place.

If it is the beach access that concerns you…I can tell you this…I LOVE the beach.  I love it almost as much as I love my job as a fulltime Realtor.  When I do get a day off I'll take a drive over to Sanibel or down to one of the other beaches in Naples or Bonita. Not a problem. 

My suggestion is to visit both areas and see what you like.

Deborah 'Deb' Cullen
[website removed by Zillow moderator]

February 20 2012
Anthony: thanks for noticing the oops!    Welcome to Zillow

February 19 2012
Cape Coral is an excellent place to live. (I love it so much it is where I chose to reside). The market was flooded with over development during the property boom and that coupled with many foreclosures and short sales left a glut of homes on the market.  

I would be happy to take you around to view the various options available to you and to answer any questions you may have about the various forms of ownership options. I primarily service Cape Coral but I can help you with the Bonita Springs market as well, however I am fairly confident that once you experience all the Cape has to offer its residents that it will be your choice as well. :)

As far as beach access goes, Cape Coral has nice (but small) beach of its own by the Yacht Club district and is conveniently located to in my opinion (and the Travel Channel's as well) one of the best beaches in the world for it's shelling and white sands. (Sanibel Island) as well as Fort Myers Beach. With almost 500 miles of Canals, many with gulf access, owning a waterfront property in the Cape is much more affordable in Cape Coral compared to other locations. 

I hope I answered all of your questions and if you have any others please feel free to reach out to me at [contact information removed by Zillow moderator]. 

Respectfully, 
Anthony Cincotti.
Realtor® 
Blue Water Realty of SW FL
[Website removed by Zillow moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy for more information.]

February 19 2012

This has rapidly been changing however. Over the last 12 months the Cape Coral real estate market has seen an average increase in home sale values of 13.4% (currently ranked number one in the U.S. for property value recovery.)

Also, Cape Coral is ranked as having the 2nd lowest crime rate in the entire state of Florida. The large quantity of gated communities is also a development from the boom as a way to market the properties to absentee owners with concerns for their properties security while away. (Once again, not very necessary given the very low crime rates in the Cape). 

I would be happy to take you around to view the various options available to you and to answer any questions you may have. 

I primarily service Cape Coral but I can help you with the Bonita Springs market as well, however I am fairly confident that once you experience all the Cape has to offer its residents that it will be your choice as well. :)

As far as beach access goes, Cape Coral has nice (but small) beach of its own by the Yacht Club district and is conveniently located to in my opinion (and the Travel Channel's as well) one of the best beaches in the world for it's shelling and white sands. (Sanibel Island) as well as Fort Myers Beach. With almost 500 miles of Canals, many with gulf access, owning a waterfront property in the Cape is much more affordable in Cape Coral compared to other locations in Florida. 

I hope I answered all of your questions and please [contact information removed by Zillow moderator]

Respectfully, 
Anthony Cincotti.
Realtor® 
[contact information removed by Zillow moderator]

February 19 2012