Profile picture for tkwon77

I am looking to buy a house where I can open up my shoe repair business. How do I approach it?

I was wondering how do I go about searching for a house that's off of a big road, that has a garage, and has a big parking lot? I've been searching for a house like this in MD, around Montgomery or Prince Georges County around $300k.

I've searched a lot and have been to a lot of houses but my time is running out (just sold my house and have to move out by end of July) and I just can't seem to find anything.

If anyone could give me any helpful advice, that'd be great.

-Jong Kwon
  • June 02 2011 - Silver Spring
  • 0

Gee whiz, sorry folks, just saw how old this thread is, did not mean to lump myself in with a spammer.
Jim

Great question, Jong Kwon...

Obviously, finding a mixed use property is paramount. Mixed use is typical of a property that allows both a commercial establishment and residential use.
This tends to be difficult to finance with a traditional mortgage for residences, it is much more common this be financed with commercial loans. That being said, it is not impossible, but difficult.
Work with both your realtor and loan officer, the loan officer being key initially to make sure you can get financed once the agent finds your perfect location!
Best wishes, Jim

Profile picture for soldbywayne
[Promotion removed by Zillow moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy.]

Hi tkwon77, inform the Realtor you choose to work with that you are interested in a residential/commercial property. 

Miekeba Jones
Realtor
Heymann Realty LLC
10230 New Hampshire Ave. Ste.102
Silver Spring, MD 20903
 [contact information deleted by ZIllow moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy for posting guidelines]

Profile picture for Carole Tyne
You may want to convert a commercial property to have living quarters.   Best to contact agent that does commercial also.

Thanks for your question "tkwon77".  I would recommend contacting a local Realtor in your area, they should be able to help you out.  You can search on Zillow for one in your area and even read past client reviews of them or if you need, I could refer one to you and explain why I recommend them.

Hope this helps, good luck!

You need to find a home that is zoned for residential and business. Call municipalites around were you live and find out were the mixed use zoning aareas are.