I am looking to purchase a home and right now I was looking for a mortgage around 500 a month.

My credit is not all that good because of my school loans so I was wondering was 108,000 out of my price range because I found two homes less than that and was just trying to get some advice.

August 31 2013 - Greenville

This is a hard question to answer because in order to figure out how much you can afford it takes a lot of your financial information that you probably shouldn't share publicly on here. Lenders like myself look at multiple factors such as income, expenses, debt, liabilities, assets, credit scores, etc, in order to see what you can qualify for. I recommend that you talk to a lender like myself who would be more than willing to help you out in your situation.

Well I hope this helps! If you have any further question or if you would like a loan, feel free to contact me. Also, if you found this comment helpful, please leave me a review!

There are several aspects to qualifying for a mortgage.   The biggies are  credit scores, income and debts.    what you think you can afford and what a lender thinks you can afford may be different, however, there are some calculators you may find useful for rough estimates if you hover your cursor over "mortgage" in the top blue line.

Have a word with at least two mortgage brokers and see what they recommend.  Good luck!