Profile picture for Bala69

I am not a resident or citizen of USA. Could I buy a house in Florida?

I am Indian citizen staying Kenya as a resident.
  • December 28 2011 - Lowry Park Central
  • 0

Best Answer

Profile picture for craigfial
The short answer is YES.  In order to sell the property, you will be required to obtain an ITIN (Individual Taxpayer Identification Number).  This is not a Social Security Number or provide any type of citizenship, it is only used for TAX purposes. You will be required to pay taxes upon the sale on any profits. I recommend comsulting a TAX advisor.
You may qualify for Foreign National Financing, which will in most cases only require 20%-30% deposit.  These loans are coming back, so depending on your situation, it might make sense to finance.

Cash is ALWAYS preferred.

All the best!

Profile picture for Pascal2in1
I would like to get an investor to buy a house in my area, Michigan. very nice foreclosure houses with way higher appraisal values and sell it to us under land contract terms. We can put up to 10% down. Typically looking for a good nice house and have very high income, so monthly payments will be a breeze! Me and my husband have very high incomes monthly! 

Yes you can. Everybody can buy a property in US.
Just make sure you pay your Propert tax and any other tax that may apply to you.  You have to get a TIM number from IRS.
If you have any income from the property you must file fedral & state income taxes every year. Once you sell the property, IRS will withhold your profit and you have to fil taxes to get it back.  IRS will pay you interest so next couple of years after selling you need to file taxes again to get the taxes you paid on interest back.  Does this make any sense, NO!! but I lived through it and that is how I know!.

Bala- For an investment property, even if you pay in full, you will be required to receive a Tax Payers I.D. Number.

Happy funding, Rudi

Yes. Investors all around the world are buying U.S. properties from us.  You are limited to paying "all cash" unless you can qualify for bank financing.  The only excpetion is "seller financing" which we currently offer in Kansas City and Atlanta, but not in Florida as of yet.

Thank you,

Marco Santarelli

Yes you can. I sell homes to foreign nationals all the time. If you are looking at it as an investment opportunity then it's a good plausible idea. However, as previously mentioned, if you are looking for a move to the US I would do my research before you make any decisions about a property purchase. Good luck.

Probably, but your stay may be limited by your type of visa. 

Your best bet is to speak with an immigration attorney who can advise you on the specifics of your case.

Eve in Orlando