Profile picture for Sudhir KS

I am not able to claim my home.

Thanks Ice for your answer but I ran into another issue. BTW I could not reply to that post so starting a new one. The earlier one was http://www.zillow.com/advice-thread/I-am-not-able-to-claim-my-home-In-the-Edit-menu-I-only-see-claim-this-listing-which-is-for-agents/432929?c=1

Now I did as you stated but now it says :
You do not have permission to edit this listing because this property is currently listed by another user. "If you are the listing agent of this home, please claim it. If you are the owner of the home, please ask your agent to update the listing information." BTW my agent is not able to do it as well :(

February 24 2012 - San Jose

If your home is listed by an agent,  then the  homeowner can't claim the home also.  (The system is designed so only one party can control the home data at a time rather than dueling data of two party control.)   The agent can "claim the listing" (see this link).    In addition, if the agent has a feed to Zillow rather than adding it to Zillow manually, all edits will need to be done at the source of the feed rather than directly on Zillow.  Most feeds refresh to Zillow within 24 h, sometimes as long as 72 h.

IceL of Zillow may be able to help you troubleshoot in more detail if you send her your address (click on her photo in her post, then the "contact" under her photo in her profile).   However, she may not be working this weekend.

If you give the specifics of what you and your agent are trying to achieve, the weekend visitors may be able to help before the weekend is over.

February 24 2012