I am not able to edit info on my home that you have incorrect information on. How do I change this?

My home at 14820 Artesian, Detroit, MI 48223 is not 1900 Sq. ft. It is 2500 sq. ft.My   heat is steam heat not forced air. The house is fully air conditioned with attic
drop=down  forced air. It is a 4 bedroom, two full bathsrooms and two half bathrooms.
The house was built in 1940 not 1928. I need to know where do you get your information?  I checked my neighbors homes also am their information on your site is incorrect as well.

User 276597
  • April 28 2012 - Rosedale Park
  • 0

Best Answer

You can fix it by open your home detail page, hover the cursor on the edit menu, click on the Claim your home to claim your home on Zillow, then click on the Edit home facts to edit the incorrect details and the missing detail (bedrooms), the update may affect on your property's Zestimate in a few weeks.

It appears that someone has recently edited the information on your home showing a substantial typo putting the square feet at 21,683.     If this wasn't you, click on "report problem with home" and tell Zillow there has been an incorrect owner claim and you'd like to claim it on Zillow so you can control the home facts.  Once you've claimed it, you can also put the appraisal value (and date) in the Zestimate comment section. 

One of the issues may be that basements (finished or otherwise) are in a different category of square feet than above grade finished living area.  Zillow shows that you have a 960 square foot basement.   Is this in addition to the 2600 discussed in your post or including it?

Have you had an opportunity to read Zillow's "What is a Zestimate?"  It offers some background about what is and isn't included in their calculations. 

I just had the home appraised by PNC Bank I have the appraiser in front of me with the Sq. footage of 2,613 ft. The heat is steam heat, the air condition is drop down from the attic, the home was expanded in 2005 to include a double walk-in closet and elevator that covers three floor. . Would you like for me to fax you a copy of the appraisal?  The apraised value is 125,000,00 dollars.

I will go to wayne count as well this week to check out you data. Something is wrong when so much information is wrong on most of the houses on my block.

I have also tried to edit on your site without any sucess by following the same instructions that you sent me . Not working.
I hope that we can get this rectified soon without calling in the federal government Housing Division

Respectfully

User 276597

Profile picture for therealtorguy
Zillow obtains their information from county public records. I checked the county records for your address. According to public records, your house was built in 1928, has 1,920 square feet, the basement is 960 square feet, the heating is hot water and there is no central air. There is no bedroom count, but states you have 2-1/2 bathrooms. If you send me your e-mail address, I can send you a copy of the county public records.