I am now in bankruptcy. still have my home and work and retired income plus.

Well the ? is where does this leave me and my husband now. can I try to get a lower rate on my mortgage? What is possible for people like us who had a great score and lost jobs that will never come back. The credit people stopped all the cards and if something goes wrong and it will, how can we make it ,Is it time to sell and call it a loss ,What can you add to this story ,I am 64 my husband is 62 .Here we are doing the best we can ,costs are crazy, dzintra/dennis
  • April 11 2011 - Quincy

I agree, You and Your Husband Definitely Have Options.  You should seek out an advisor who can sit with you to truly understand your entire situation before making any recommendations.

Hi dzintra.  You absolutely have options. In adherence with the guidelines on Zillow, it is "un-neighborly" for me to invite you to contact me directly to ddiscuss this but I wanted to let you know that you have options! Look into them and do not "let the bank take your house!"

Profile picture for JanaH.Tampa
I am sorry to hear that you are going through this difficult time.
Here is a link to Making Home Affordable website. This is an excellent resource to find about all of your options.
"There is always a solution if you ask the right questions" I think Anthony Robbins said that.

I am so sorry for your situation.   You may want to talk to you bank about modify your loan to lower the rate?  

Unfortunately, refinancing could be a problem now with your credit situation. Selling your home could be an option. My advice would be to consult with an Attorney for your options.
If you would like to get an idea of your home's value, I would be happy to help you with that, no cost or obligation.
However I would consult an Attorney also and see what recommendations they have.