I am on a Fixed income can i get a loan

My ex husband was in the military can i get a va loan
  • July 15 2012 - Uniontown
  • 0

A fixed income that can be documented that it will continue makes you eligible for a loan if your credit scores are okay, you've saved up a down payment, and your debt to income ratio supports the amount you wish to borrow.    In addition to the down payment (3.5% for FHA loans), closing costs can add several percent.  I'd also recommend having enough saved (several percent of the house costs) to cover emergency home repairs and maintenance over the first year or two.

You may wish to contact the US Dept of Veteran affairs to check if an ex-spouse is eligible for a VA loan.   Everything I can find on line suggests ex-spouses are not entitled to VA loan benefits.