Profile picture for jazzsax8

I am ready list my home FSBO as soon as Zillow evaluates my updated information. Phone # for conta

• June 24 2010 - Westminster
  • 0

Zestimates do not take into account repairs (such as new roof and new furnace).   Zestimates don't substitute for appraisals or CMAs, but are merely a starting point for comparison of properties.

Profile picture for jazzsax8
Alisa,

Thank you for your input.  Do I just need the change the word list to offer for sale?   Am I in danger of stealing a real estate word term that makes me liable?

The reason I asked Zillow to update is that they have not taken into account the finished basement, 27 X 12 Sunroom addition, new roof and 5 month old $5K high efficiency furnace in their low $165K Zestimate.  I was simply trying to get them to do so as I will offer it for sale through them for only $40 when that issue is corrected.

It needs about $5K in paint and misc. to even be ready to give to a realtor so I figured until the work is completed I would offer the big discount to anyone that can find it on Craigs etc.  I would also pay you to bring me a buyer but I already have a very nice friend in the business I am going to work with.

Marshall

You can certainly put your house up to sale by FSBO on Zillow.  You do not have to go through an agent/brokerage.  

Have you updated information and expecting a new Zestimate?   I've seen it take 8 weeks for this to occur, and Zillow doesn't commit to a time frame.  If you've made the owner's estimate public, then you should be good to go.

First you can't technically list you home as a FSBO.  To list your home means to hire a brokerage to assist in selling your property for a agreed upon fee.

Zillow is not an accurate source for pricing information.  Too may variables and not enough local insight.

It's best to interview local brokers.  Many have non traditional marketing fees.  There a flat fee, low fee, and full fee companies.  It is in your best interest to hire the most capable Realtor in your area.

The biggest tool in a Realtor's toolbox is the MLS.  Don't deny yourself ready willing able buyers who are already working with brokers.