Profile picture for joeagain

I am selling a 5BR home in Princeton Junction NJ 08550. Are their any agents out there who want the

Selling a 5BR home and seeking discounted agent fee for listing.

October 18 2011 - Princeton Junction

So you post on a 3 month old thread for this??

Nothing tricky about the question, nothing obvious about those who offer a commission that is competitive other than they are trying to get the listing, just like any other agent. 
Are you implying that only "discount" agents use their listings to gather leads??

Technically, there can't be anything such as discount agents since there is no set fee.  There may be fees that are customary in a particular area, but since all RE commissions are negotiable, there is no such thing as a discount.

Regarding targeted marketing, I have no idea of the exact figure but I know that the vast majority of houses are listed on the mls and are easily added to all the top real estate sites.   Not much more is necessary other than a few clicks of a button.   Any targeted marketing usually involves properties that would appeal to a specific niche (historic, horse property, mid-century modern, etc.).  In my market, that's only a very small percentage of homes.

When you imply "discount" meaning a 1-2% commission, you are making assumptions about specifics the OP never mentioned.  You are also implying that its impossible to be profitable without knowing what the specifics are.

Sorry, irresponsible post in my opinion.

This is a tricky question and likely to draw misleading responses from those obviously wanting to "use' the listing opportunity for leads gathering.
A "discounter' would jump at this offer, not to sell YOUR house but to squeeze it for harvesting leads it would generate ....to sell other properties.

To sell a 5 bedroom home in West Windsor needs strategic marketing  ie an investment of time to analyze who the likely buyer for your home may be and how to conduct targeted marketing.
The background knowledge they would need to have would be current and emerging financing, pricing, appraisal trends,.......and a lot more.

Would you seriously believe them when they tell you they can and would do all this for a 1 -2 % commission?

What you would really get is a lot of promises and no action once you are tied into a listing agreement.

Good luck !

Profile picture for Happydays4you
You got some good answers here. I invest heavily in real estate and I am telling you I would not use a discount broker. For me its like getting a good haircut or going to one of those ten dollar places...where new people are learning how to cut hair. I agree with Jeanne. Find a top agent who will market explosively...she said it best.

In this market, you need to choose a good agent and then neogtiate the commission instead of choosing a discounted agent primarily. If you want a discount and an MLS listing, you can go flat fee, but I would not choose a listing agent on fees alone.

I agree, a discounted broker should not be your criteria for hiring a professional.  

By all means interview several local agents and stay focused on their ability to get the job done.  The market is rugged and it is tougher than ever to get a home sold and more important than ever to hire the very best resources you can find. Those generally are not found in the "clearance department"....

Hire the best, find the agent that will help you market explosively on line where the buyers are, demand the highest level of service and communication, price realistically and pay fairly... and you should be on your way.

May I strongly recommend vigorous interviewing of agents before selecting one, going beyond just "discounted agent fee".

Depending on what terms you're willing to negotiate I would welcome the opportunity to discuss.  Please reach out to me at your convenience.

Let me know what ort of discount you are looking for. I am from NJ and I have been in the mortgage business for over 25 years so I know alot of Realtors and agents who might be interested.

You can email my assistant [hotlink removed by Zillow moderator] wth your requirements and she will see if anyone in our netwok can assist you.

Bart