Profile picture for tbakinit

I am selling my house in Miami, Fl "as -is", but a client got an appraisal that gave me an indicatio

• January 15 2013 - Little Havana
  • 0

[deleted by Zillow  moderator. Please see our Good  Neighbor Policy for posting guidelines]

Profile picture for davesfx
House Buyers are a good option if you need to sell your house fast. I recommend a website called [Embedded hotlink and promotion removed by Zillow moderator. See our Good Neighbor Policy for more information.]

If you have an offer that will pay off your mortgage and get you away from foreclosure.  That is not leaving you with nothing.  That is leaving you with credit and peace of mind.  Extremely valuable.

Profile picture for JoshBarnettREIB
Just remind the buyer the home is "AS-IS" and if the buyer will not accept that, give the buyer back their earnest money and wait for the next one to make an offer.  

Do you have the property listed with a Realtor? Or are you selling By Owner? Is the price you are getting on your home enough to cover for the amount you owe to the Lender including fees related to the foreclosure? Do you know if a sale date for your home has already been scheduled?
The reason I ask all of the above is simply because are market is quickly recovering, your house may be worth more than you think. You may still have plenty of time to bring the property back in the market and accept a better offer. These are all issues your Agent should be able to discuss with you. If your property is not currently listed with another Agent feel free to email me for assistance.

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.  If the offer gets you out of your current mortgage and saves your credit I'd really give it some hard consideration.

I agree with other posters - you might wait a long time before getting another offer.

Accept that offer and sell your house as soon as possible. Foreclosure is one of the most devastating financial challenge that a family can face and one that many times can be avoided.
Best of Luck,

Maria Cipollone

If you allow a foreclosure against your credit record, you will not be able to buy a home for up to three years (depending on circumstances). Plus you may pay more for insurance, have higher credit card rates and have difficulty getting consumer loans.

If you have an offer that will allow you break even (without resorting to short sale or foreclosure) I would take the offer and be grateful that you're not losing money or damaging your credit.

It sounds like you are at the point of no return in this situation.  Being on the verge of foreclosure, is a very vulnerable situation.  I would recommend closing the deal because you don't know if you'll even get another offer on the table, and the next offer could be even less!  I'm sure you know the hit your credit takes when you have a foreclosure, and even with a short-sale your credit is not what it was.  After a foreclosure, you will not be able to get a home loan for 7 years from the foreclosure filing date.  After a short-sale, you might be able to get a home loan but not every bank will approve you.  I hope my advice has helped and the best of luck in your transaction and future endeavors.

Profile picture for tbakinit
gave me an indication of what i had to fix.  So I fixed what I had to and more.  Here's the kicker: I am in foreclosure process. Do I take the offer that leaves me with nothing after all is said and done?  Or should I wait for a better offer now that I have spent some time making repairs and beautifying the house? Or rent it until the bank takes it away or I get the better offer?  I would like to get some income or free cash out of this!

Profile picture for Lawrie Lawrence
Your question seems to have been cut off.  You can click "post reply" to finish your thought.