Profile picture for mmassaroiii

I am so upside down! Is there anything that I can do to get a new home?

Our house was recently attempted to be broken into. I need to get my family out of this area...please any info is greatly appreciated
  • July 25 2014 - Shirley
  • 0

Your options are many:

Work with your neighbors to establish a neighborhood watch, and stay where you are.  Install an alarm system.

See if you could qualify for a hardship for a short sale.   Not liking the current neighborhood is not considered a hardship, it needs to be something like divorce, loss of job, etc.  

Sell and bring money to closing to make up the difference.

Deed in lieu of foreclosure - plan on several years until you can buy again.

move elsewhere and rent, and rent out this property.

I'm sure there are dozens of other possibilities.