Profile picture for j747
  • j747

I am still looking for a buyers agent in Southern California to buy my first investement property.

I am still looking for a buyers agent in Southern California to buy my first investement property in the range of 137.000 in cash, preferably in a decent neighbourhood with a good rental return. I am basically looking for a cash cow i.e positive cash flow  Single family, or townhouse
thanks
Tommy
  • October 11 2010 - Southeast Anaheim
  • 1

Profile picture for nealadler
Perhaps you  may wish to look in the Palmdale/Lancaster area.

Hi Tommy,

I can help you find a buyer's agent for you through the Coldwell Banker Network.  Email me a list of neighborhoods you are interested in and I will get you the name of a local broker. 

The best thing to do would be to contact a local real estate agent.  Interview a couple of agents and find an agent you are comfortable with and feel like you will have a good working relationship with.  This is a great starting point.

Best of luck!

Hello J747,

I have a few connections in the RSM, Mission Viejo areas.  You can email me if you like a few Realtor recommendations to interview.

Christine

Glad to hear that you want to invest, however there are two problems:

1. You are not going to find much, if anything, in SoCal with $137,000 in cash.  Property values are much higher than than, unless you want to buy a "shack".

2. You will not find a "cash cow" in SoCal either.  The rent to value ratios are not in line to give you the cash flows you probably seek.

SOLUTION:  Invest in turnkey income properties in markets that make financial sense.  SoCal is not it.  You can get great returns on you cash investments and produce very good positive cash flows this way.  You can also take advantage of leverage in other markets and purchase more than one property with your $137,000.

Our website features investment properties in many U.S. markets.

Feel free to contact me with any questions.

Marco Santarelli

Have you looked into the Palm Springs area?  With the season about to start you'll have a great opportunity to do a seasonal rental which generally brings higher rental rates than traditional month to month or yearly lease.

There are some great opportunities out here to pick up something at incredibly low costs. I would suggest contacting JoAnne Gilliam to find out more about available properties that meet your requirements.

Hello David, Bobby, or Tommy,

I don't think anyone can find a guaranteed "cash cow" for you, it will be gone before most people can put in an offer. But, finding something that will more or less break even is feasible. 

The eastern city/towns of LA do have "good: deals, (assuming you can find a credit worth tenant).

You can call an agent directly in the city of interest and ask them over the phone to get a better idea of the cost versus rent of the area they service. Then if you feel ok with the agent, ask for a report and face to face appointment.

What kind of return are you looking for? Are you ok with something that needs a little work?  You can find something in Riverside or San Bernardino County. I have recently helped buyers purchase and rent the following $86,000 condo = rents for $1050 , house $145,000 rents for $1350. Please email me at [contact info removed by moderator] if you would like me to send you properties like this.

Ditto the recommendation to use the search tool and also take the time to interview 2-3 agents to confirm they know the area and investment property inventory.

Profile picture for John Squier
I suggest you use the agent search tool to look for an agent in your area who specializes in investment property to help you.