I am suspicious of Zillow and it's offerings. I think some of the cheap houses should be bulldozed.

It makes me not trust the other houses.

September 20 2012 - US

I'm usually amazed at people that subscribe to the  fallacy "if one is bad, they all must be bad".

With that kind of logic, I would guess that means that if someone got 99% right on all math tests in all grades, that the person "failed" every class receiving only an "F" grade, and was terrible at math, and never received any degrees?

And just in case there is any question about it, Zillow doesn't "sell" any properties, and receives no income from the sale of any properties.  They are a "media" company, similar to the classified section of your local news papers.

Zillow has no control of what agents and owners want to sell.  If you don't like it, set your search filters differently.

What you choose to look at is entirely your issue.  No one is dictating what you see.

As for demolition?  Most owners choose not to, especially if the codes and building department doesn't insist on it.

If you want to buy it to bulldoze it, that is entirely your prerogative.  Just make sure it is not on some historic registry or something.