Profile picture for BobPetroff

I am the buyer have you heard of this fee? The buyer agent states--company has closing fee of $300.

I thought the title and loan company covered this fee? and now the Buyer agent as well?

November 27 2012 - US

All fees are negotiable.  Don't be afraid to walk.

Yes I have, with my previous company it was $250.00 transaction fee which I paid to cover administrative fees. Many franchises require this to be added on to the clients tab.

Unless you agreed to pay this fee upfront, just say no! There are some brokerages that will try and nickel and dime or $100 bill you to death.

I have seen a lot of "funky" fees in my day...so find out what the fee is for, exactly, from your Escrow company (HUD-1).

The most interesting fee I have seen yet imposed on a buyer came from the listing side for a digital platform delivery/file-input system...I think they called it a "technology fee" or something.  It was like 200-300 bucks as well.

Best wishes from So-Cal and good luck

What company has the $300 fee? Closing company? Agents company?