Profile picture for KSutherland67

I am trying to decide between Ryland, Ryan or Sentry builders in Greenwood,IN any ideas, thoughts?

• March 29 2011 - Greenwood

Profile picture for TommyJohns
As a former Ryland employee, I would recommend Ryland as a company. I worked for Ryland in their Ohio Valley (Cincinnati) division. While there are many variables in each market, they stand behind their homes on a national level. You will typically find that Ryland and Ryan will be similar in price and fit & finish. I have built custom homes and grew up working for a family owned home building company, so I have a thourough knowledge of the home building process. I am not familiar with Sentry Builders, so I can not comment on their quality. Good luck with your new home purchase!

I will agree with the first response and add that location, floor plans, and your personal style should weigh heavy in the decision.  The good news is that most of the financially stressed builders went out of business already.  Quality of construction should be evident when you do a hard hat walk through of a home currently under construction.  I also suggest hiring your own inspector to do at least three inspections during construction.  I am a full time broker-owner with my office located in Greenwood.  My largest current project is representing a builder of 55 and older patio homes in Greenwood.  I am eager to help you navigate your choice if you wish.  Please give me a call when you have a minute.

The best approach to take is to partner with a realtor that can assist you in weighing and analyzing the options and the costing, particularly regarding long term impacts.