Profile picture for techboomie

I am trying to get a loan. Found EZZ financial on bankrate. Anyone here used there before?

I am trying to get a loan. Found EZZ financial on bankrate. Anyone here used them before? They got the lowest rates and just wondering if they are for real or not.
  • June 22 2010 - Orlando
  • 1

• This thread is currently closed for responses.

Profile picture for randlarsonvt
    Zillow is allowing real estate agents to promote only their lenders because of their finder fees and Zillow is allowing other lenders to dispel confidence in this lender, even the question is from a competitor!  I trust realtors about as much as I trust a used car salesman!

I closed through this company May 9 and that is indisputable, I am more than willing to forward the closing documents showing my purchase in Verandah.  My view is this site is nothing more than a place where shameless vendors can self promote or slander their competitors!

Please feel free to write me for proof of my purchase and my jumbo loan through EZZ closed in 17 days at the best rate I could get anywhere!  I dare you Zillow!

Profile picture for randlarsonvt
    I closed on my house in the Verandah Golf Community on May 9th after getting a 90% loan through EZZ.  I would tell everyone that it was simply an excellent experience dealing with the true professionals at EZZ.  I understand that some former employees left and started their own company and have been authoring "ghost" negatives against EZZ on this and other sites.  It's a sad day when this is allowed to happen especially when they have great rates and excellent service.  It's simply disgusting and un-American!

EZZ is currently licensed in Florida by the Department of Financial Regulation. The BBB has a page listing EZZ Financial, but no information on that site newer than 5/2013 which is almost a year old.

Profile picture for mrbill4131
    It seems that things are really tainted here as I understand some former employees of EZZ formed their own Mortgage company and our actively trashing EZZ with bogus reviews, maybe you should read another site where there are many reviews that have been positive for many

years, [hyperlink removed by Zillow moderator, see our Good Neighbor Policy].

I loved these guys because 21 days after I called we closed!!! It saved me a ton of money as the owners had not listed with a broker and we spit the difference which made us both happy!

Thanks EZZ

I recommend consulting your realtor for a local lender.  Lending is not a commodity and should not be based on price alone.  

Profile picture for birney
    [Promotion deleted by Zillow moderator. Please see our  Good Neighbor Policy for more information.]

Profile picture for 1snowbird1

EZZ financial has had issues reported. I am glad you had a good experience, but many others have problems. It is always smart to google a company to find reviews before you hire them, check their licensing status and trust your gut.

Profile picture for js1151950
    I live in Fort Myers and I went to  their office because I had the concern of making sure they were legitimate.  After meeting the owner's and my loan officer I was more than happy to work with them.  My loan was done in 3 weeks at exactly what I was quoted and I could not have been more pleased.

Profile picture for klarrivee
    I deal with alot of lenders/brokers in my profession.  The industry has, for the most part earned its reputation for being somewhere between [offensive content removed by Zillow moderator, see our Good Neighbor Policy] and lawyers.  Dealing with EZZ was, without question, the worst experience I have ever had, with any vendor, in any industry, ever in my personal or professional life.  I had all the problems listed below, and then some.

I won't bore you with the details, get a recommendation from someone you trust.

Profile picture for abcdefghijklmnopqal
    I used EZZ financial and closed in February 2011.  The issue I had with them was that when I went to lock they told me the rate was 1/8 point higher than they were currently advertising on bankrate.com. They first told me that rates change twice a day and they had changed. They told me that they change at around 10:00 in the morning and in the afternoon ( forget the time).  So I did not lock.  The next day I looked at bankrate again and it was the 1/8 point less (same rate as yesterday).  So I called and said lock me in.  There was silence and then she said you will need to talk to the manager.  I talked to Judy (The manager) she said I was still getting a great rate and the rate was higher because they could not go to the same lender as they use with other customers because I was trying to close in 2 weeks. I  was buying a short sale with a deadline date.  I said when were you going to tell me this?  In short they weren't.  She told me that if I wanted to make something out of it that we may not close in time.  Needless to say, I felt I was between a rock and a hard place so I locked at the 1/8 point higher. 

We ended up closing two days late anyway because the lender, Provident Funding did not have EZZ Financial's correct paper work surrounding state mandated loan officers credentials.  I ended up talking to the owner of EZZ and Provident Funding during that stressful time and do believe they were honest in what was being told to me in terms of the paper work problem between the two of them. 

In short, had they not pulled the 1/8 point higher rate lock stunt I would have highly recommend them because they did almost meet the two week closing time which is rather difficult to do as you all know. 

Profile picture for harrop
    I am going through trying to refinance with EZZ and I am having all kinds of trouble. They gave me 5 hrs notice before the lock period ran out, that the lender needed more money in my account, as the requirements had suddenly changed.  Got the money but not within the 5 hrs so lost the locked rate  They applied again ! and the new costs are a lot higher. Will keep you informed how this turns out

Profile picture for Ray Stevens
    Having advertised on Bankrate, I can tell you first hand, there is little policing of bait and switch pricing.

You are at the best site for mortgage pricing.  You will get instant quotes from hundreds of lenders.

Zillow does make attempts to ensure we quote honest rates that we can deliver.

Profile picture for DJKuulA
    Anyone tried them? They still display the lowest rates on Bankrate.com and have an A minus rating on BBB.

Profile picture for whoknew3
    DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY EVER!  Do yourself a favor and go somewhere you can actually see and meet the person, makes it that much more difficult for them to treat you as a non-entity and to jerk you around.

Profile picture for luminitam
    I am using them right now, found them on bankrate.com, they have the best rates and so far they have been great. I also researched them online, found they have a BBB rating of "A", and good reviews. So far I am happy with them. THey are also on Twitter and Facebook, with more background detailed there. I was unsure of them at first, never ehard of them, but I gained confidence when I saw the Better Business Bureau rating of A.

Profile picture for Doug Katz
    I agree with the common sentiment here.  I have never heard of them and you need to move away from pure price and go to value in your decision.  I wrote an article a few month back about this very subject.

In the end rates depend on your full financial picture.  You can get quick rates online, but until you've submitted your full application and documentation they can't really give you a solid number.

I have a great lender I have worked with over the years here in Longwood, he always goes the extra mile, has great rates and is relentless in providing excellent customer service.  His name is [promotional content removed by Zillow moderator, see our Good Neighbor Policy].  His cell is [contact removed by moderator].  For more info on lenders I recommend click on my link to prefered lenders on my website below.

[link removed by moderator]

Hope that helps.  Best of luck.

They are on Zillow too. Funny additional DBA : EL ZigZag, Inc.
    Fill out a quote request on Zillow too for a comparison.

http://www.zillow.com/Florida_Mortgage_Rates/

I've never heard of that company. We have a mortgage company, [promotional content removed by Zillow moderator] so that we can better service our real estate buyers. Please call [spam and promotional content removed by Zillow moderator, see our Good Neighbor Policy]. His advice and quotes are free of charge. If he can't help you he will recommend someone who can.

I've never used them.  After many years of working with lenders in my area I've picked the one with the best service and best rates and I recommend him to buyers.  I recommend working with a local lender.