Profile picture for shivanlord

I am unable to locate my home in Zillow's database (rural area). How do I get it added for valuation

My home is located in zip code 35984, a rural mountain area in North East Alabama (Lookout Mountain area).  The home (2 BR, 2.5 BA cabin) was built in 2007, however, trying to perform a search for the home in Zillow returns no results.

How do I get the home added to the Database so valuation for the home can be tracked?
  • February 07 2012 - Mentone
  • 0

Profile picture for shivanlord
Tawny / Sue,

Thanks for the feedback.  I have already spoken with my local realtor in the area and they have provided me some input as to what the approximate value of the home is.

I also discovered, through some research I did in Zillow, that by adding your home for sale via the "Make Me Move" option will also get your home added into the Zillow database so that tracking and metrics can be gathered to provide a 'Zestimate' of your homes value.

I am not looking to sell the home and realize the Zestimate will be heavily based upon local sales with homes that have similar attributes.  On the street which is adjacent to mine (about 700 ft from my home), there are 8 homes which have a Zestimate, although, none of them has been purchased/sold in the last 10 years so this tells me, that the County I am in may not have my home information electronically available so Zillow can pick it up.

Additionally, my home also doesn't even show up in Google Maps even though the home was built in 2007 so this speaks to the rural area issue.

The home is now in Zillow's database and although the Zestimate may not be accurate, at least my home is now visible on Zillow.

I agree with Sue Tristan, a real estate agent is your best option to get a market value for your home. The reason you are not getting a 'Zestimate' is likely because there are not enough recent home sales in your area to form an 'Zestimate' based on the  average sales prices. You might try clicking to expand the map area. However, a 'Zestimate' is only an average based on ALL sold properties so unless all the homes sold in your area are the same as yours it will not be an accurate value that you could count on. A real estate appraiser will use only the recent home sales that are the closest match and most similar to your home. Since your home is in a rural area and unique then a real estate agent is the best person to contact to get an idea what your home is worth.

why don't you contact your local neighborhood agent?  They can give you current Market update and keep you up to date on any changes.

I am sure you have received some marketing material from a few agents.