Profile picture for Gary Snow

I am using Lexington Law as a credit repair service, how many points do I gain per removed item?

I started using this service back in January 2013, and I started with a Credit Score of 499. My fiance and I are trying to buy a house. We ran our Credit Scores and she has the upper hand but needs my income to help us out in getting the house we want. When the lender ran my credit it was at a 611. I need to be at a minimum of 640 with this lender. The lender reccomended that she add me onto her credit cards, which we did as of 4/20/2013 and Lexington Law has removed another item this month. About how long will it take me to get my scoe to a 640 so we can use both of our incomes and get financed for what we want? Please respond as quick as possible, I need advice and I do not know where to turn from here.
  • April 30 2013 - Weatherford
  • 0

I have heard both good and bad reviews of Lexington Law, I try to refer my clients to a local credit repair company that I have personally seen their results rather than a monthly subscription.

Profile picture for davina sais
i have been with Lexington Law since August, and have had about 37% of negatives removed from my credit reports. Of course Transunion is still showing low credit score, they have been the slowest to respond to any of these letters. I also use the $99 service and have recently had a credit report pulled and it has not changed. Can someone explain this, is it because of the credit bureaus not updating?

Profile picture for lockridget
I've been with Lexington Law only a few months now , my credit score was around 520 they have removed so many negatives on my credit report . They send me e-mails telling me which creditors they are contacting and give it 30 days for responses ,well it has been great over the months my score is now 650 ,I still have a way to go so I will continue to pay bills on time and let them continue to have my back. And I know soon I will be so proud to finally get back to where I was before If I knew then what I know now maybe I would have done my finaces a little bit different. Thanks Lexington Law.

@nickoylennon86:   Items that can be removed from credit reports are errors, such as someone else's debt on your credit report, an unknown account etc.  If the item is a bona fide collection, judgement etc it can remain on your credit report if the creditor meets the requirements for confirmation that it is valid.  There is no magic to make valid negative items disappear from your report. 

Profile picture for kolgojcaj
About Lexington law crooks at Utah. Hi, just letting people know that this company is a scam. I called them I got charged about $13 by a guy name Paulino, who I couldn’t understand, but okay. Then I simply said to the guy, I’m done, I don’t want to do business with you and our conversation got cut-off so I thought that was it. Week or so after I was checking my bank statement and I notice about $100 from them. I immediately call them and they say; “well we begun working on your credit”. How you can work on my credit and I didn’t tell you do do anything other than take $13 for the credit check report. “Well we tried to contact you”. Contact me, I told that idiot Paulino that I’m done. “Well I’m sorry bout we begun working on your credit and there is nothing I can do. I think I said enough about this crooks, so please don’t do anything with this thieves. THANKS KOLE G

Profile picture for nickoylennon86
When Lexington law removed an item can it be replace back on your credit report?

I am a lender of 15 years and I use to send my clients to Lexington when "dispute" marks didn't affect the loan from going through underwriting. Anyone that is in the mortgage industry knows that there cannot be any dispute marks on a credit report. Companies similar to Lexington will only send "dispute" letters out on your behalf. This is something everyone can do on their own. Simply google "dispute letter templates" and you'll find what you need. Unfortunately, most people will not follow up with the letters they send out so I do not advise my clients to go that route. Currently, I send my clients to a law firm [Removed by Zillow moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy for posting guidelines]

[deleted by Zillow moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy for posting guidelines]

I started using lexington law in dec 2012. My lowest score was in the mid 400's.Pitiful, I realize .This was after a NASTYdivorce.I had 30 negative marks across all three bureaus. Since then the have removed 63% items to date, with the latest being a judgement from superior court that benefited my ex but saddled me with the loan. These people ROCK and the $100 bucks I spend a month is well worth it. You have to be diligent and be proactive with forwarding everything in a timely fashion that you will receive from creditors to Lexington law.My scores now are as follows; Trans Union 686,  Experian 646,  and Trans Union 686.  The Judgement was NOT removed from all Bureaus as of yet and when it is I expect to exceed 700 across the Board. I could not speak more highly of this company.

While a credit repair company like Lexington Law is a great jumping off point there are still many things that you can do yourself that will help put you in a better situation.  A great place I direct my clients to go is FreeCreditReport.com; they just released a section that allows you to "tinker" with possible credit options to see if these might increase your total overall credit score.  Good luck!

Simple, it could take 30-45 days unless your Loan Officer orders an Correction/Rapid Rescore. Then it will take approximately 3-5 days for the correction to be made at bureau level. The scoring system is tricky, but if you LO has the "What is Simulator" or "Credit Analysis" programs with his credit company, them they can guesstimate within a 2-3 point margin of error what the plus net gain will be.

Best of Luck!

Profile picture for Gary Snow
Thank you Naima, I sent you an e-mail in response.

The credit repair company is really the only one that can answer that.  It depends on what they are doing to get the items removed, if they are doing a rapid rescore etc.

I assume that when you signed up with them they gave you a timetable of what to expect?

Naima