I am wanting to buy a new construction home from West Point Homes. The house is 1808 sqft and the as

I am trying to buy a home from West Point Homes. The house is 1808 sqft and the asking price for it is $201,900. My first offer for the house was paying full asking price but I asked the builder to pay for 3% sale price towards closing cost and add on window blinds plus sprinkler system. I got rejected for my offer and was told that they are only willing to give $2500 either towards closing cost or upgrades. I was shocked and find it very insulting because everyone I have talked to have gotten AT LEAST half of their closing cost paid for and 5k towards upgrades. Am I asking too much or what am I doing wrong. I also feel like realtor isnt helping and I could not help but feel that they don't care and all they want to do is to collect money from the builder if I buy the house. Any advice would help on getting this house for a fair/reasonable price would be great.

October 06 2012 - Edmond

You do not specify if the Realtos, is the builder's listing agent, or whether you have a buyer agent.  Can you clarify, please?

I have a buyer's agent.

I've never signed a contract with her but I guess because she is representing me in this house, I am pretty much stuck with her?

user 6716252,

What does this neighborhood comp out at?  The $201,900 / 1,808sqft is putting this home at $111.67/sqft.  Unless this is a positive energy home, you do not need to be spending that much per sqft on a new home.  Tell your buyer rep that you want to see the last 6 month comps.  $5,000 dollars in closing cost is not out of line, if you are paying market (the avg price per sqft of the 6 months sales + or - a dollar or 2. 

If you have not signed anything w/ your buyer's rep and you do not feel you are being represented properly, just go over your feelings w/ them, give them to opportunity to straighten up, if they still provide lack-luster service, let them know that you will not be needing their services any longer. 

Hope this helps on both questions,

Josh Barnett, Realtor

Seller cancellation
Profile picture for Fred Lockett
Latest reply by Fred Lockett
February 14 2013 | 10 answers
Profile picture for Josh Barnett
Latest reply by Josh Barnett
What part of the buying process is the most confusing to you?
Profile picture for Rudi Hofmann
Latest reply by Rudi Hofmann

1. 1004 NW 168th St, Edmond, OK Home For Sale
    1004 NW 168th St, Edmond, OK 73012

2. 2108 Woodland Creek Ct, Edmond, OK Home For Sale
    2108 Woodland Creek Ct, Edmond, OK 73034

3. 1716 NW 172nd St, Edmond, OK Home For Sale
    1716 NW 172nd St, Edmond, OK 73012