I am wanting to know if I can afford a house

I am wanting a house listed at $149,900
My annual income is $48000
I also have 2 car payments, loan, and two credit cards respectfully with low balances
I want to know if I can afford the house I am considering applying for and is it reasonable to look at houses in that price range?
  • May 06 2014 - Lewisville
  • 0

Profile picture for Datsme
It's best to see a mortgage originator in your area. They do their calculations (debt to income ratio) to find out the price range that you can afford. Of course, this will depend on how much debt you have versus your income, your credit score, etc.

• 13 hours ago

It is not prudent to disclose your financial information publicly. Contact a few mortgage brokers who will check you financial profile and advise you what price rage you can afford. The best of luck!
  • 16 hours ago

I would suggest that you talk to a lender or two. Let me know if you need me to connect you.
  • 1 day ago

Profile picture for USMortgageRanger
I can give you a good honest opinion after speaking with and determining how much you can qualify for. I can be reach via my profile.

As you didn't mention how much you are paying for the cars, loan, etc, nor the amount you are planning for down payment,  perhaps this mortgage calculator would give you a rough guess before you start talking with lenders.  

Just contact any lender of your choice for real, hard answers. Then pick any 1 Realtor to assist you. It is really that easy. Good luck. :)