Profile picture for lisab123

I applied for a wells fargo 3 step loan. I was approved and they sent me paperwork. I am the only bo

I am the only borrower on the loan. I have been married for a short time and they asked my husbands name (even though I clearly stated it is my mortgage and his name isn't on it) When I received the paper work, it says he is also required to sign as a Mortgagor. I have no idea what that is. I called Wells Fargo and they said in the State of Nebraska, if he is my husband and lives with me, then the state requires his signature. They explained it was him giving me the go ahead to proceed with re-financing, I am confused about this. Why do I need his permission? If have excellent credit and he does not. I in no way want this to impact me negatively.
Any legal advice?
  • August 10 2009 - Omaha
  • 0

Is your husband's name on the title of the house?   

Is Nebraska a community property state?

Profile picture for lisab123
My husbands name is not on the title of the house, just mine.

I just googled your question and it says Nebraska is not a community property state.

Profile picture for lisab123
I also looked up MORTGAGOR: the mortgagor provides the lender with a guarantee for the full repayment of the loan.

Nebraska is actually a spousal state.  This means that your spouse has to sign.

Profile picture for gabucha67
what happened? I would like to know because I am in your same situation.
Please let me know!